Clyde 0
Dundee 0 (AET)
Scottish Cup (Final Replay)


0 - 0


Scottish Cup (Final Replay)
Saturday, April 16th, 1910
Ibrox Park
Attendance: 20,000
3:30 PM Kick-off

None. None.

Team Managers
A. S. Maley William Wallace

Starting Eleven
G. McTurk
A. Watson
J. Blair
W. Walker
T. McAteer
G. Robertson
W. McCartney
J. Chalmers
John Jackson
Frank Booth
Bob Crumley .1
Bert Neal .2
John Chaplin .3
Bert Lee .4
Herbert Dainty .5
George Comrie .6
Jimmy Bellamy .7
George Langlands .8
John Hunter .9
Sandy MacFarlane .10
Jack Fraser .11


None. None.

None. None.

Red Cards
None. None.

Match Officials

Mr. J. Dougary (Nitshill) (Referee)

Match Report

Newspaper extract from The Scotsman, match clipping from The Evening Telegraph.




Having drawn at Ibrox to previous Saturday, Clyde and Dundee again met on the Rangers' ground in the Scottish Cup final. Miserable weather prevail. Following a forenoon of wet, wretched, wintery weather, which culminated in a heavy blizzard of snow, the rain came down even more persistently as the hour of the kick-of approached, and the conditions for players and spectators alike were of the most disagreeable description. Pools of water had gathered on the pitch, and for some time prior to the start, officials of the Rangers Club were engaged in an endeavour to clear the water away.

Naturally the attendance suffered, and there were not many more than 20,000 spectators present. A Sum of £482 was taken at the gates, and £280 were taken at the stands. The previous Saturday the drawings totalled respectively £1410 and £400.

Only one change was made in the teams that did duty at the first meeting, Neal being introduce to the Dundee back line in place of Lawson.


Clyde kicked off against a slight breeze. It was early seen that the sodden' condition of the groundwas to be responsible for many a mistake, and little wonder, for it was difficult enough for the players to keep their feet, to say nothing of controlling the ball. Dundee were first to attack, and in the first minute Langlands failed to trap a pass which, if he had done so, would have left him with an open goal. Blair cleared, and Clyde look up the running, but Neal cleverly chopped their progress.

Pretty play by the Dundee half-backs and forwards kept play for a time in front of McTurk, and Hunter was given a rare chance, but be handled, and the free kick came as a relief to Clyde. A Mistake by Watson saw Fraser send across a capital shot, but McTurk fisted away, with Hunter and Bellamy in class attendance.

Clyde next had an innings and Booth, Jackson, and Robertson all had shots at goal. There was an exciting minute in front of the Dundee goal as the result of a grand corner kick by Stirling, but Clyde could not get a passage for the ball. The interval arrived without a score having been registered.


Throughout the second half both teams struggled desperately. From a corner-kick, Fraser narrowly failed to herd the ball into the bet. At the other end McCartney had a fine try, but Crumley saved splendidly. Walker also tested the Dundee goalkeeper. Langlands was next prominent, and he hit one of the uprights with a stiff shot.

Time arrived without a score having been registered, and, according to rule, 1 extra half-hour was played.

The play during this period was very exciting. Dundee lasted the pace better, and were the likelier lot to bring the tie to an issue. pointless draw. Twice Bellamy lost openings by hanging too long on to the ball. From sheer exhaustion, Jackson, one of the Clyde forwards, dropped to the ground, and had to tb carried off the field. A memorable match ended in
a pointless dra w. It was arranged that the replay would take play at Ibrox on Wednesday. Result:- Clyde, nothing; Dundee, nothing.

Clyde:- McTurk: Watson and Blair; Walker, McAteer, and Robertson: Stirling, McCartney, Chalmers, Jackson, and Booth.

Dundee - Crumley; Neal and Chaplin; Iee, Dainty, and Comrie; Bellamy, Langlands, Hunter, MacFarlane, and Fraser. Referee.-Mr Duggars, Nil Bill.


The twenty odd thousand spectators who braved the elements were rewarded by witnessing one of the greatest finals ever seen in the Scottish Cup competition. It was a magnificent fight both teams put up, end, considering the state of the ground, the standard of play was remarkably good. It was a day to test the stamina of the men, and it said much for their fitness that they lasted the pace for a couple of hours as they did. Only one playergave in, and that was Jackson, one of the Clyde forwards. He had to be carried out the field.

Not a player shirked his work, and from start to finish the tussle was of the most strenuous order, part of goal. but he The defences were the stronger the teams. For Clyde, McTurk kept a grand goal. He was not overburden with work but danger Iurked in most of the shots he had to deal with.

The backs were were to steady if not so effective as they were the previous week. McAteer at centre half was a tower of strength, but even his display was not faultless. The inclusion of Neal in the Dundee team proved a success, and there was not a better back on the field than he. Dainty was the hero of the defence, and he was well supported by Lee and Comrie. Crumley was in grand fettle, and his fielding of the ball was of the best. Forward, Dundee had the better of the argument. but all their good work was nullified by poor finishing. Hunter was well looked after by McAteer, but Bellamy frittered away many a grand oppor tunity through hesitating to part with the ball.

The Clyde forwards showed plenty of dash. Chalmers, who was crippled early in the game, was not so effective as he was at the first meeting.

Squad Statistics (as at April 16th, 1910)

1909-10 All Time
Bob Crumley (GK)33 35 - 111 -
John Chaplin - 35 - 92 -
Herbert Dainty - 33117024
Bert Neal - 14 - 653
Bert Lee - 3331329
George Comrie - 281281
George Langlands - 3076918
Sandy MacFarlane - 26325457
Jimmy Bellamy - 32136627
John Hunter - 2399259
Jack Fraser - 34316820

League Table (as at April 16th, 1910)

No league table has been added for this season.