Inverness Caledonian Thistle 0
Dundee 0
League (Premiership)

Inverness CT 

0 - 0


League (Premiership)
Wednesday, August 13th, 2014
Caledonian Stadium
Attendance: 3,082
7:45 PM Kick-off

None. None.

Team Managers
John Hughes Paul Hartley

Starting Eleven
12. Dean Brill
2. Dave Raven
3. Graeme Shinnie
5. Gary Warren
6. Josh Meekings
4. James Vincent
8. Ross Draper
16. Greg Tansey
19. Danny Williams
22. Ryan Christie
7. Billy McKay
Kyle Letheren .1
Willie Dyer .3
James McPake .5
Paul McGinn .19
Thomas Konrad .4
Kevin Thomson .10
Simon Ferry .11
Paul McGowan .18
Gary Harkins .29
Greg Stewart .15
Luka Tankulic .21

1. Ryan Esson
18..Carl Tremarco
17..Lewis Horner
20. Liam Polworth
11. Nick Ross
10. Aaron Doran
15. Marley Watkins
Scott Bain .12
Gary Irvine .2
Iain Davidson .6
Jim McAlister .20
Martin Boyle .23
Craig Wighton .33
Peter MacDonald .9

Marley Watkins for James Vincent (50)
Aaron Doran for Danny Williams (68)
Lewis Horner for David Raven (82)
Jim McAlister for Kevin Thomson (8)
Peter MacDonald for Luka Tankulic (50)
Martin Boyle for Greg Stewart (62)

None. Paul McGowan (72)
Simon Ferry (83)

Red Cards
Graeme Shinnie (86) None.

Match Officials

Stephen Finnie (Referee)
Douglas Ross & Gordon Crawford (Assistants)

Photography by David Young

Match Report

Dundee headed to the Highlands for their first away match of the Premiership season and had to be content with a share of the spoils in their second draw in a row, this time 0-0 with Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

Both sides started the game slowly, trying to feel their way into the match but there was an early blow for The Dee when captain Kevin Thomson had to go off after just ten minutes. Thomson had been struggling before the match and had to be replaced by Jim McAlister after feeling the strain on his calf before either side had a shot at goal.

The first chance came to Dundee when Paul McGinn ran down the right wing but his cross into the Caley box had no takers from those wearing the new sky blue and white away kit.

A minute later Inverness had their first effort, Ross Draper tried to cheekily lob Letheren from around 40 yards out and although the Welshman appeared to have it covered as he tracked back, he was relieved to see it sail just over the bar.

Draper was involved in Caley's next attack when his cross into the box was caught by Letheren as the home side tried to assert themselves on the game.

Dundee's first real opportunity came after twenty minutes when McGinn crossed into the box but Stewart could only head straight at Brill from around the penalty spot.

There was an almost identical chance for Dundee on the half hour when a nice Stewart cross was headed straight at the keeper by substitute McAlister from 12 yards out.

Inverness finished the half the stronger with Tansey firing over the bar before a Christie shot was blocked by Konrad but when the referee blew his whistle for half time, neither side could complain at being level.

The second half continued in the same vein as the neat football but creating nothing more than half chances. McGowan did have a shot from the edge of the box heading towards goal but it hit Stewart and rebounded away to safety.

Inverness then almost took the lead when Graeme Shinnie found himself free inside the Dundee box but Letheren pulled off a great save from close range before the Inverness man fired the rebound over the bar.

Harkins and MacDonald, who had come on for Tankulic, tried a clever short free kick but as MacDonald tried to fire the ball towards goal from a tight angle, a corner was the best he could get. From the corner however Dundee had a great chance when the ball fell to MacDonald eight yards out but he fired the ball over the bar.

Dundee were now taking control of the game and after Martin Boyle came on for Greg Stewart, he ran into the box before being bundled to the floor but the penalty shouts were more in hope than expectation. First with both sides playing some MacDonald had another great opportunity when his shot ricocheted across the six yard box and when McPake went to claim the loose ball, he went to ground too easily for the referee to give a spot kick.

Dundee did however have a huge shout for a penalty minutes before the end when a McGowan cross appeared to strike Tansey on the arm. Harkins had floated a beautiful cross to the back post and as McGowan tried to hit the ball back across the face of the goal for MacDonald, the ball struck the arm of the Caley defender with huge appeals from the Dundee players and fans.

The referee wasn't interested however and waved play on before blowing the final whistle shortly afterwards.

Despite no goals, it was an entertaining game with both sides attempting to pass the ball but canceling each other out for large spells.

Dundee dominated the game in the latter part, although Caley could have snatched it with a good Shinnie chance and would have been disappointed to be heading back to Tayside with just a solitary point.

Match report written by Official Dundee website

Squad Statistics (as at August 13th, 2014)

2014-15 All Time
Kyle Letheren (GK)27 3 - 44 -
Thomas Konrad24 3 - 3 -
Paul McGinn23 3 - 3 -
James McPake30 2 - 2 -
Willie Dyer27 3 - 29 -
Kevin Thomson28 3 - 3 -
Gary Harkins29 3110326
Paul McGowan26 3 - 3 -
Simon Ferry26 3131
Luka Tankulic23 3131
Greg Stewart24 3131
Jim McAlister (sub)28 2 - 8610
Peter MacDonald (sub)33 314422
Martin Boyle (sub)21 2 - 454

League Table (as at August 13th, 2014)

No league table has been added for this season.