Livingston 0
Dundee 1
League (First Division)


0 - 1


League (First Division)
Saturday, April 18th, 2009
Almondvale Park
Attendance: 1,988
3:00 PM Kick-off

None. Darren Young (61)

Team Managers
Paul Hegarty Jocky Scott

Starting Eleven
1. Roddy McKenzie
2. Cammy MacDonald
3. Joe Hamill
4. Chris Malone
5. Danny Griffin
6. Gary Miller
7. Andy Halliday
8. Liam Fox
9. Tony McParland
10..Leigh Griffiths
11. Armand Oné
Robert Douglas .1
David Cowan .2
Gary Mackenzie .3
Jim Laughlan .4
Kyle Benedictus .5
Eddie Malone .6
Andrew Shinnie .7
Darren Young .8
Chris Pozniak .9
Mickaël Antoine-Curier .10
Colin McMenamin .11

12. Craig Mcdowall
14. David Sinclair
15. David Winters
16. Gordon Smith
17. Keaghan Jacobs
Ludovic Roy .12
Darren Williams .14
David O'Brien .15
Bryan Deasley .16
Robert Davidson .17

Keaghan Jacobs for Andrew Halliday (70) Darren Williams for Mickaël Antoine-Curier

Armand Oné (52)
Danny Griffin (73)
Colin McMenamin (38)
Gary Mackenzie (63)
Gary Mackenzie (88)

Red Cards
None. Gary Mackenzie (88)

Match Officials

Euan Norris (Referee)

Match Report

Dundee lined up with a 3-5-2 formation which saw Eddie Malone and David Cowan in wing back positions with Chris Pozniak coming back into the side in midfield along side Young who was making his first start for the club. Young Kyle Benedictus joined Jim Lauchlan, who was captain for the day in the absence of Eric Paton, and Gary MacKenzie making up the three at the back.

The first half was an uneventful affair which had a real look of an end of season match apart from a late spell of pressure from the home side.

Leigh Griffiths, Livingston's main threat was the man who the home team looked to on a number of occasions to make something happen and right from the off a ball over the top could have seen the pink booted striker through on goal had it not been for a calm head from Lauchlan who turned it back to Rab Douglas.

Dundee first attack saw Pozniak drive into the box but his cut back was behind Curier and the Guadeloupe international couldn't get on to the ball to get a shot away. It was the home side who worked the opposing keeper first and Armand One was the man who forced Douglas into a save. One hit a low shot which the former Livi man did well to get down to a turn around the post. Griffiths was the man that had the back three under pressure next when he raced onto a Danny Griffin long ball over the top and had he not have slipped might have opened the scoring. He recovered well though and found Liam Fox in the middle but his first touch took the ball away from him and out for a goal kick.

Andrew Shinnie had Dundee's first effort on goal with a weak shot from distance that Livi keeper McKenzie was able to hold easy. Eddie Malone then took advantage of his more advanced role and cut inside from the left, a gap in the defence seemed to open up but the left wing back could only muster a right footed effort with was another ease take for the Livi keeper.

Livi ended the half on a high and could well have gone in at the break with a lead. A corner wasn't properly cleared and Liam Fox drove a low shot through the crowd of players that pinged back off the post before Dundee cleared. Moments later the ball dropped to Griffiths in the six yard box and although he turned and shot towards goal Douglas got down well to hold.

The last shot of the half was again from the pink boot of Griffiths this time after cutting in from the left fizzed a low drive just wide of Douglas' left hand post.

Jocky Scott stuck with the 3-5-2 for the second period and the half began in much the same way that most of the first 45 had been played out. The first real shot of the half came when McMenamin picked it up on the right and cut inside before firing a shot over.

Liam Fox then had Douglas beaten but again he saw his shot come back off the post. The midfield picked it up after good work on the left from Livi and bent a shot towards goal.

The next attack was to bring a goal and it was Dundee who took the lead. A free kick was launched forward and McMenamin's flick on found the head of Curier who turned it towards goal, McKenzie got a hand to it but it fell right to the feet of Young who smashed the ball into the net from three yards out.

Gary Mackenzie was booked for pulling back Griffiths as Livi tried to hit right back.

Dundee kept up the pressure and efforts from both Curier and McMenamin were off target. Livi's first chance to get level came soon after when a Joe Hamill corner was headed wide from One. Two minutes later the same combination of a Hamill cross and One header meant Douglas had to be alert to make a save.

The pace of the game dropped right down with only a Shinnie effort going wide before Dundee were down to ten men.

As Livi broke and won a free kick MacKenzie kicked the ball away and referee Euan Norris produced a second yellow card for the big defender and his match was over early. Griffiths saw a shot deflected wide as the home side tried to take advantage of their extra man before Dundee brought on Darren Williams to fill in at the back, he replaced Curier.

The last chance of the match fell again to Griffiths and after taking it down well in the box was disappointed to see his shot go over. Dundee held out for the win and after five games without a victory it was a welcome three points for The Dees.

Match report written by Tommy Young - Dundee Matchday Programme

Squad Statistics (as at April 18th, 2009)

2008-09 All Time
Robert Douglas (GK)36 35 - 168 -
Kyle Benedictus17 9 - 9 -
David Cowan27 20 - 34 -
Jim Laughlan32 14 - 14 -
Gary Mackenzie23 20 - 811
Eddie Malone24 351632
Chris Pozniak28 261261
Andrew Shinnie19 181181
Darren Young30 5151
Mickaël Antoine-Curier26 34154524
Colin McMenamin28 2954111
Darren Williams (sub)31 20 - 20 -

League Table (as at April 18th, 2009)

No league table has been added for this season.