Dundee 1
Meadowbank Thistle 1
Scottish Cup (4th Round)

1 - 1
Meadowbank Th 

Scottish Cup (4th Round)
Saturday, February 21st, 1987
Dens Park
Attendance: 3,592
3:00 PM Kick-off

Graham Harvey (55)
Roseburgh (8)

Team Managers
Jocky Scott

Starting Eleven
1. Bobby Geddes
2. Rab Shannon
3. Tosh McKinlay
4. Stuart Rafferty
5. Bobby Glennie
6. Jim Duffy
7. Tommy Coyne
8. Vince Mennie
9. Graham Harvey
10. Ian Angus
11. Keith Wright
Jim McQueen
Tom Hendrie
David Roseburgh
Walter Boyd
Grant Tierney
Graeme Armstrong
Alan Lawrence
Mike Lawson
Ralph Callahan
John McGachie

12. John Brown
14. Stewart Forsyth

John Brown for Stuart Rafferty
Stewart Forsyth for Rab Shannon

None. None.

Red Cards
None. None.
Match Officials

David Syme (Rutherglen) (Referee)
P. Trotter (Edinburgh) & K. Stewart (Glasgow) (Assistants)

Match Report

Newspaper extract from Sunday Post.

Squad Statistics (as at February 21st, 1987)

1986-87 All Time
Bobby Geddes (GK)26 36 - 196 -
Tosh McKinlay22 23 - 1386
Rab Shannon20 364856
Jim Duffy27 352772
Bobby Glennie29 8 - 3476
Stuart Rafferty25 27210510
Vince Mennie22 17 - 312
Ian Angus - 326326
Tommy Coyne24 104104
Keith Wright21 103103
Graham Harvey24 34168027
Stewart Forsyth (sub)25 221502
John Brown (sub) - 2269629

League Table (as at February 21st, 1987)

No league table has been added for this season.

Manager's Programme Notes

Our Cup match against East Fife at Dens proved, as we expected, very hard work, and at the end, I for one was very grateful to be still interested in the competition. We did not play to our best, and made basic mistakes. East Fife, though, worked hard throughout in what was a scrappy game. It was pleasing to see Jim Smith score a rare goal, one which he took well following a corner. We then lets things slip, and Dave Clarke's side took full advantage and scored twice. We then had an anxious wait for the equaliser. John Brown hit the post, but we eventually got there with Tommy Coyne's first goal for the club, following a quick one-two with Ross Jack on the edge of the box.

We next played at Clydebank, re cently not a ground where we have done well. It proved a similar story this time too. The Bankies were on top for most of the first half, during which they went ahead. We again missed from the penalty spot, John Brown this time having his effort saved. In the second period, Tommy Coyne scored a very good goal al most out of nothing for us to level the scores. He received the ball from a left wing cross, controlled it, turned, and smashed it into the net in one flowing movement. Towards the end, Keith Wright had a half chance, but his shot from 18 yards was over the top.

The Cup replay at Methil was delayed due to the non-arrival of half the Fifers' team (due to a road accident), but once the tie got going, we soon got on top. Tommy Coyne again had a fine game, and scored for the third match running. He also set up the first two goals for Graham Harvey and Keith Wright. We did get one jolt during this encounter, how ever, as East Fife equalised Harvey's goal just after the interval with a spot kick. Ross Jack, who went on as a sub, scored our final goal in the dying seconds, but by that stage, we had comfortably won the game.

Our visitors today will provide a strong challenge too, and it is essential that we do not underestimate our Meadowbank have al ready proved they can beat Premier League opposition, and so we must produce a better team performance today and make every attempt to settle the tie without the need for a replay. I'm sure we can do so, and proceed to the quarter-finals, beyond which anything could happen. One match at a time though! Get behind the team from the kick off, and give the players your support. Your encouragement can help towards success!