Ross County 1
Dundee 1
League (Division One)

Ross County 

1 - 1


League (Division One)
Saturday, March 27th, 2010
Victoria Park
Attendance: 3,295
3:00 PM Kick-off

Steven Craig (87) Ben Hutchinson (50)

Team Managers
Derek Adams Gordon Chisholm

Starting Eleven
1. Michael McGovern
2. Gary Miller
3. Scott Boyd
4. Scott Morrison
5. Alex Keddie
6. Martin Scott
7. Stuart Kettlewell
8. Michael Gardyne
9. Iain Vigurs
10. Richard Brittain
11. Andrew Barrowman
Tony Bullock .1
Eric Paton .2
Gary Mackenzie .3
Ryan O'Leary .4
Eddie Malone .5
Richie Hart .6
Brian Kerr .7
Maroš Klimpl .8
Gary Harkins .9
Leigh Griffiths .10
Ben Hutchinson .11

12. Joe Malin
14. Grant Smith
15. Steven Craig
16. Paul Di Giacomo
17. Garry Wood
Derek Soutar .12
Andrew Shinnie .14
Craig Forsyth .15
Sean Higgins .16
Craig McKeown .17

Paul Di Giacomo for Gary Miller (46)
Garry Wood for Martin Scott (46)
Steven Craig for Iain Vigurs (76)
Craig McKeown for Leigh Griffiths (60)
Sean Higgins for Ben Hutchinson (69)
Andrew Shinnie for Richie Hart (81)

Gary Miller (24)
Alex Keddie (78)
Stuart Kettlewell (85)
Eric Paton (26)

Red Cards
None. None.

Match Officials

Craig Thomson (Referee)

Match Report

Manager Gordon Chisholm made four changes from his first match in charge against Queen of the South last Tuesday. Both centre backs Bob Malcolm and Craig McKeown were left out and Gary Mackenzie, returning from injury, and new loan signing Ryan O'Leary came into the starting line up.

Upfront Colin McMenamin dropped out completely and Ben Hutchinson was promoted from the bench to a starting position. In midfield there was one change as well with Richie Hart replacing Andrew Shinnie.

The two sides went into the match with very different form. Dundee traveled North on the back of five games without a win and County were full of confidence after seeing off Hibs during the week to set up a Scottish Cup Semi Final against Celtic.

Despite that the match started very evenly with Dundee playing some nice passing but it was County who tested the Dundee defence first. Martin Scott crossed from the right and actually beat Tony Bullock who had dived early and reached lain Vigurs at the back post but the midfielders shot into the ground bounced up and over the practically empty goal.

Richard Brittain soon after had a shot from the edge of the box which brought Bullock into action. Driven low Bullock had to quickly get down to push away. Dundee weren't troubling County keeper Michael McGovern at this stage as a number of offside decisions put an end to attacks. When they did have someone onside it was Ben Hutchinson who looked to run onto a crossfield pass from Griffiths but the on loan Celtic man couldn't make it and County soon swept up to clear.

It was the same two who did combine when Dundee

had a great chance to take the lead through Hutchinson but good defending this time prevented the goal. Maros Klimpl found Griffiths on the left and after beating his man he cut the ball back for the waiting Hutchinson. Great defending from Alex Keddie however saw him nip in to poke the ball away from the striker. It could have ended up in the net if it hadn't been for a good save from McGovern before County cleared.

Minutes later and Dundee had to be alert when Scott got the right side of Malone but couldn't test Bullock, instead dragging his shot across the face of goal and wide. The match was seeing action at both goals and the next move saw the ball sweep from one end to the other with quick precise passing from Dundee.

O'Leary, who was steady all afternoon, put in a last ditch challenge before finding Griffiths wide left, he drove forward before playing it to Harkins who didn't get his shot correct, a chipped effort, this time straight at McGovern.

There was to be one last chance in the half and it was one that left the traveling Dundee support wondering how their side wasn't a goal ahead. A free kick from the right was met by the head of O'Leary and McGovern saved but Hutchinson was on hand to collect the rebound. He took a touch before seeing his shot hit McGovern and bounce up off the post then hacked away by County's covering defenders.

That saw the half end goalless but the supporters didn't have to wait long after the restart for the afternoon's first goal.

Dundee started the second half in superb fashion. Passing the ball well and creating opening and it wasn't long before they got their reward. A long Eric Paton ball from the right side was chested down by Griffiths and his strike partner Hutchinson shifted it onto his left foot before firing into the top corner giving County keeper McGovern no chance.

Keeping the pressure up Griffiths ghosted past two County players before hitting a low shot wide. County did come back into the match and Martin Scott was the first to test Bullock again.

His shot from the edge of the box saw Bullock push it away but the danger wasn't over as Paton tried to play the ball over the bar and misjudged it meaning the keeper had to be alert to turn the ball over his bar

Richie Hart was replaced by Andrew Shinnie after picking up a knock but soon after the tactical changes started. Goal scorer Hutchinson was replaced by Sean Higgins and County brought on Steven Craig and Garry Wood.

With Dundee's final substitute, Craig McKeown, stripped and waiting to come on Brian Kerr played the ball wide to Griffiths who sprinted through befare drilling his shot across goal and just wide. It was to be the strikers last action as McKeown replaced him and Dundee went five at the back to try and hold onto the one goal advantage That gave County more room coming forward and Bullock was called again into action first through Brittain with a shot from the edge then a deflected Paul Di Giacomo effort had him at full stretch to push away.

County did find a way passed Bullock though and it was a late sickener for The Dees. Di Giacomo got wide right and his cut back was sidefooted into the corner by former Dee Steven Craig. After moving five at the back it was always a risk Dundee ran and County kept up their pressure as they threw more men forward in search of a winner but it was Dundee who had the final chance to win it.

Sean Higgins did really well to get down the left and cut inside but when he found Shinnie with he cutback the substitute didn't connect properly and allowed County to clear.

The final whistle soon followed and although in normally circumstances a point here would have been a good result it feels like two points dropped considering the late equaliser paired with Caley dislodging Dundee from the top of the table.

Match report written by Tommy Young - Dundee Matchday Programme

Squad Statistics (as at March 27th, 2010)

2009-10 All Time
Tony Bullock (GK)38 21 - 21 -
Eric Paton31 381725
Gary Mackenzie24 3111132
Ryan O'Leary22 1 - 1 -
Maroš Klimpl29 20 - 20 -
Eddie Malone24 3921054
Richie Hart31 27 - 27 -
Brian Kerr28 371371
Gary Harkins25 38163816
Ben Hutchinson22 6262
Leigh Griffiths19 36203620
Craig McKeown (sub)25 4 - 26 -
Andrew Shinnie (sub)20 8 - 291
Sean Higgins (sub)25 255255

League Table (as at March 27th, 2010)

No league table has been added for this season.